Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

What lifestyle changes should one make for stage 2 prostatomegaly and elevated PSA level ?

I am a 52 year male .Recently I my USG report showed stage 2 prostatomegaly and PSA level is 0.47mg/ml.I am consulting with a urologist .My question is what type of lifestyle should takee up now? Does this stage lead to prosate cancer?
Asked On : Fri, 9 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  303
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
After a age of 45-50 yrs it is common for some males to have some amount of enlargement of prostate gland.
This condition is called as Benign prostatic hyperplasia( BPH).
Your PSA values are also normal so it is more likely a benign enlargement and not cancer so please do not worry.
As for the lifestyle changes you can follow these steps:-
-Urinate when you first get the urge,
-Avoid alcohol and caffeine, especially after dinner,
-Don't drink a lot of fluid within 2 hours of bedtime,
-Reduce stress and exercise regularly.
This should help you in tackling your problem.
Take care

Answered: Fri, 9 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor