• question-icon

What is the treatment for urinary incontinence?

My daughter 33 years has been urinating more than normal since the birth of her last baby 18months ago. She is waiting for checks but she saw that on her urine test the words .BLO large. were circled. She has decided that this means large amounts of blood were found, but there is none to the naked eye. Ten years she lost an ovary and fallopian type because of a cyst which had reptured
Tue, 18 Jun 2019

Chronic incontinence can be due to multiple reasons as anatomic, physiologic or neurologic conditions.

In my clinic, I recommend a battery of tests with ultrasound, uroflowmetry, CT IVP with lab tests to find out the cause and manage accordingly.

Depending on the type of incontinence, specific hormone medications to alter control of internal valves and bladder musculature can be figured out and refractory cases give best results with surgery.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel, General Surgeon