Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

121 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What is the treatment for seborrheic dandruff ?

Dear doctor, I am 22 male. I am affected by dandruff for the last 3 years. I consult the dermatologist he said this is seborrheic. I used many more allopathic medicine and i had tried to ayurvedic medicine also. In allopathy i had used No skurf lotion and fungicide , sebo wash and lots of shampoo. When i switched to new medicine my seborrheic problems are come under control for few weeks but when my hair grow longer then it will come and itching and white scalps coming down and my hair is also falling down. Please suggest me a good medicine for this and is it possible to cure the seborrheic and its possible to grow my hair back. Please advice.
Tue, 10 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
hi welcome to health care try homoeopathy for that take kali phos 6x 4 to 5 globules 2times aday.also use arnica/juborandi hair oil.thallium met 200 4 to5 globules,and wiesbadum 200 4 to 5globules twice a day for 15days.also apply curd on hair wash it after half and hour.
if you have any query mail me
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
seborrhic ds take time to cure,we can control it
topical solution with mild steroid and salisalic will help you
u should not stop medicine once u better
u should reduce dose gradually
once it is under control ,hair will come again
dont keep ur scalp wet
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....