Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
129 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What is the treatment for dandruff and pimple on face?

I am on oral contraceptives and was on a round of antibiotics in January. Ever since then, I have been having many skin related issues. I get inflamed follicles which at first I thought were bites. I get a few each day, most go away within a day or two, but the ones on my chest remain, although faded. I have severe itching at times all over with no visible marks. I have bad dandruff, some spots of eczema. And what look like pimples on my face but don t completely go away. I ve never had pimples in my life. The itching is the worst on my scalp and outer genital area. My skin, in many places, burns at times. I also occasionally get sudden sharp pains as if someone is sticking a needle in my skin. I am now wondering if I have malassezia. Since I don t have many visible lesions, the dermatologist told me there is nothing wrong with me. I am normally a very healthy person and know that something is not right.
Tue, 11 Jun 2019
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
Hi Dear,

Understanding your concern. As per your query you have symptoms of dandruff and pimple on face which seem to be due to dry skin , irritated, oily skin , not shampooing often enough , chronic inflammatory skin condition like psoriasis , fungus and sensitivity to hair care products.

Need not to worry. For pimples on face you should use product containing benzoyl peroxide. Drink 8-9 glasses of water daily and add fresh fruits and vegetables to your diet. Apply aloe vera gel and apply azelaic acid containing cream twice a day. I would suggest you to Shampoo often ( Salicylic acid shampoo or Ketoconazole ) , cut back on styling products , hair sprays, styling gels , eat a healthy diet and get a little sun .Consult dermatologist for proper examination and treatment . Doctor may prescribe antifungal medicine . Sometimes stress can also cause such symptoms , so try to reduce stress .

Hope your concern has been resolved.

Best Wishes,
Dr. Harry Maheshwari
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor, I am 35 yrs old and my wife is 30 yr old. Both of us are suffering from an unknown scalp desease since last 4 yrs and done a lot of...

Recent questions on  Malassezia

doctor1 MD

I am on oral contraceptives and was on a round of antibiotics in January. Ever since then, I have been having many skin related issues. I get...

doctor1 MD

Hello, It is Tinea versicolor a sign of hiv infection? 4 months after expouser i did a hiv test and it was negative. When the test was done i was...

doctor1 MD

is this fungus scalp infection.? it itches that's about it.

doctor1 MD

My wife is 31 yrs old .she is on thyronorm 150mcg since 4 yrs.Her TSH is always under 2 but still she is advised to continue with the same dosage....

doctor1 MD

My daughter has pityrosporum folliculitis and is currently using ketaconazole shampoo as cleanser every other day and ketaconazole cream every day....

doctor1 MD

hello. I have a recurring skin problem on my feet. It was first diagnosed as eczema and the treatment that was given was steroid injections on the...

doctor1 MD

sir, my name is chandra sekhar, i am facing problem of seboric deermatities since 12 years,, i am using dexona and scalp lotion and visited so many...