What is the treatment for Anal fistula ?

i am suffering from anal fistula from last 2 years from my delivery. please suggest any treatment
Thu, 19 May 2011
Hi
Ideal treatment for fistula is surgery.

I have been diagnosed with a fistula and polyp in anal passage and are due a day operation to correct and remove. In the meantime I have started to experience kidney bean shaped items in stools that are rubbery. My bowel movements are more than regular too, and of a sloppy consistency. Is this connected and what could it be?

im a 42 years of age n height 5 4 ,im a victim of pistula my problem most my vowel movement,and puss doesnt stop the smell i cant take it my pistula down at my penis so hard to move sometime its for me to sit down.please help me what to do or how to cure this is there any medication?

hi i have anal fistula and there is now pus over there n i am prescribed bidanzen forte and lizoforce 600 and azithral 250 my this problem is since last 10 years n i was operated also for it twice before but now it keeps on coming and pus makes its own way n gets out n i also take sitz bath n for last quiet sometime i instead of surgery take medicines for this problem whenever it comes is it right or what shld i do

Recent questions on  Anal fistula

This is an embarrassing topic. I have fairly moderate crohn s disease with complications. I developed a severe fistula in ano with the sphincter muscles fully penetrated by the tract. In April 2013 I had a bio-plug procedure done which failed. In July 2013 I had an anal fisulotmy via cutting seton which dissected the tract about 80% thru. In October I had a traditional anal fisulotomy to finish the dissection of the tract. Its been 4 months and the area is healing well. While I doubt it will ever get back to normal it is still improving. My question is of a delicate nature. Is there any guidelines regarding anal fistulotomy patients and ano receptive sex. I find it uncomfortable to discuss face to face with my surgeon. Is it something that will eventually be ok. Or does this condition ruin that aspect of an adventurous sex life for good.

dear sir, a month back i had heavy pain at the anus and after the examination the Dr opined i m having anal fistula and needs surgery. please tell me the success rate of the surgery? presently the pain is almost nil and frequent yellow discharge is there. kindly educate any other treatement option is there ?

I had an a fistula in ano. After a fistulotomy, the internal opening closed but external opening not still have discharge (pus). A second surgery was done to remove all infected tissues because the surgeon suspected a chronic infection. After 17 days, I still see discharge and it sems to me that there is a communicating tract with the opposite side (because I noticed s tiffness which as the doctor said it is not an abcess because no pus was noticed when he used a syring to check the stiffness).

What to do?                                                            

one of my relative had fistula in ano surgery followed by severe post op infection
& as a result the whole periana larea including both scrotum are swollen,the pus is drained & cultured &is on i.v antibiotics.My question is ,is there any chances of post impotence in pt when he gets well?

The tip of my tailbone aches and is sore. It started about 3-4 weeks ago. I travel a tremendous amount and it could be noting other than long airplane flights and many miles behind the wheel of a car. However is this an indicator of other issues?...

I have been diagnosed with anal fissure in XXXXXXX 2017. I have had pain on and off since XXXXXXX 2017. At that time the pain was not too severe or persistent and went away after applying proctosedyl cream for a few weeks. It returned in XXXXXXX...

Three weeks ago I noticed that thier was a clear liquid d having yellowish liquid discharge coming out of butt and coming out of the skin skin folds in between butt latter on that weak it turned yellow and was discharging 2 to 3 times a day but...