Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

What is the reason of painful itching in private parts ?

hi am 24yrs old, i live with my boyfriend but i ve had a history of itching in my private parts. i even got a fishy smell and my boyfriend advised me to use garlic and it worked. i ve since never got that problem again, i got medication for candinda and now i always keep a candiderm cream with me. however i started getting smelly urine , pain sensation when passing urine, am on medication for a UTI but after sex my boyfriend s penis became scaly after sometime it faded now it has become itchty even after taking medication now am simply puzzled. i know he is very faithful.
Asked On : Fri, 30 Mar 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  671
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

There is no reason to be puzzled here.

It can be that your boyfriend too may be having an acute UTI.

My advice for you would be that both your partner and you should practice safe sex, i.e. use condom every time while having the intercourse. Both of you should maintain good personal hygiene. Drink plenty of water.

A single dose of azithromycin should help him. It is a prescription drug. Get it prescribed from a physician.

You both should be fine soon.

Answered: Fri, 30 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Kimberly Martin's  Response
Hi kizitoh,
There are many bacteria (both good and bad) that make up our bodies normal flora. When a "bad" bacteria overcomes our bodies defenses, we end up in a disease state with an illness. Even a "good" bacteria can cause some harm if it has nothing to keep its numbers "in check" or it starts colonating where it doesn't belong.

From your description of the problem, it could be a simple case of yeast infection being passes between the two of you. However, it would be best if you both were to go in and be tested to find the exact cause of the problems. Cultures will need to be taken to correctly identify and treat your illnesses.

You may make an appointment with your family physician or you local health department for testing.

Be well,
Dr. Kimberly
Answered: Fri, 30 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor