Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

What is the reason and treatment for pain and swelling in testis ?

Regarding Sir, My Right testicular is bigger than Left testis, the upper position of that is normally swollen and always normally pain, its appear suddenly before 10 years ( Today 28 Years Old), when it was very swollen, I treatment it through a Homeopathy but not fully relax . I want to say u that in winter season I am in relax than summer season.Sometimes I feel in urine period some force through upper position of right testis,the left position is normal . Two yrs ago I have to operation of appendicitis . I belong a place where not any experience holder doctor is available and I m not able to go any out area in search of doctor because my financial status is very low. Please guide me about all it, what can be it s reason and normally treatment than I could feel relax . With Regards
Asked On : Sat, 14 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  98
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hi ! I am not aware to which region you belong to. In tropical countries, sometimes such testicular problem arises due to filarial infections. For this you have to discuss with your family physician who may investigate you and treat accordingly.
After the above is excluded, I feel that possibly there was an inflammation of your testis and epididymis some 10 years back either due to unnoticed repeated trivial trauma or due to any infection, which was not treated with antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs along with a proper testicular support. This inflammation has become chronic which is giving you trouble now. I do not have any idea on homeopathic treatment, and so can not opine on this aspect. Also there does not seem to be any relationship between your appendix surgery, and the present problem.
I would also suggest you to get your urine tested for routine and culture sensitivity and get yourself reviewed by your family physician (Allopathic) who may prescribe you with some anti inflammatory drugs and an antibiotic course if need be along with a firm testicular support. If your job involves prolonged standing and lifting of heavy weights, then I would advise you also to avoid it so far as possible.
In case the swelling persists with much discomfort after all the above is done, then I would suggest you to get yourself seen by a general surgeon in your area.
Wishing you an early recovery.
Answered: Wed, 19 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor