Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

What is the diagnosis of Amoeba histolytica ?

a child complain from abdominal pain above the umbilicus no vomiting no diarrhea ,there is constipation and diagnosed as amoeba histolytica what is the right diagnosis?
Asked On : Sun, 27 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  347
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
The commonest cause of pain abdomen in children is abdominal colic and if they have diagnosed it as entamoeba then they must have done a stool culture to reach this diagnosis.A course of antibiotic will cure the condition.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Sun, 27 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
hello,well come tohealthcaremagic,

amoebic dysentry is very common in children,but at the same time we should think of worm infestation which is equally common.
simple stool test will give conclusion
Answered: Sun, 27 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor