Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

What is the cure for ear discharge ?

HI doctor , i m 20 years old my ear is discharging from time to time, plz inform me about it briefly and its curring. THANKS
Asked On : Sat, 23 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  292
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
ENT Specialist 's  Response
You are suffering from a disease called CSOM( i.e. chronic suppurative otitis media) In this disease people get a perforation in the ear drum, so they get recurrent infection and discharge from the ear.

to get a permanet treatment for this problem you have to undergo a surgery called tympanoplasty,where after clearing the disease the perforated ear drum is repaired with a graft.
Answered: Sun, 24 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
Welcome to health care magic forum
persistent chronic ear discharge is due to infection of middle ear & perforation of ear drum .It is common in persons with habit of ear pricking .consult ENT surgeon & get it treated .Keep ear clean & dry.Take a course of antibiotics.
Wish you good health
Answered: Sat, 23 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor