Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

What is the crushing pain in chest? Do I have cardiac issues due to being overweight?

For a few months, every once in awhile, I have been getting a sudden crushing pain in the middle of my chest . It subsides within a few minutes usually, but I have a pain in the side of my neck that lasts after one of those episodes. I would think it is heart problems, but I am only 35 years old, I am not super obese though I am overweight . Are there tests they can do to see if my heart is healthy or if I am on the way to a heart attack?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi initially do a ECG/EKG.
It can detect several heart disease like-
1. myocardial infarction
2. arrythmia
3. heart block
Then consult a cardiologist.
Then with his consultation you can go for an ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY.
best of luck.
Answered: Sat, 13 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor