What is the cause of painful breathing?

I had sinus infection until yesterday - where my mucus turned from yellow/thick to clear...but the same day (FRI) - my right lung/chest starting hurting really bad...even now when i take a breath -- it is very painful...the sinus infection was ongoing over the last 5 wks getting worst every week. Sitting up and breathing deep breaths is very uncomfortable...

I have been taking over the counter med- high volume of Multi-vit's -- trying not to take antibiotics --

Has this infection gone to my lungs??? Any thing else that it could be???
Mon, 21 Apr 2014