What is it called when your heart starts beating fast ?

and it feels like you cant breath at the same time...
Tue, 13 Sep 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Nephrologist 's  Response
THanks for the query

IT is known as palpitations. It can happen in several conditions not necessarily directly related to the heart

Have a healthy life

One night i was sitting by my brother watching him on the computer and i noticed my heart was beating fast i was just like oh it will prolly slow down then when i felt it again it was beating really fast and my mom called 911 and they took me to the hospital and said i had heart palptaions and it has happend to me like 4 more times but it hasent happend now for a week or so my mom thinks its anxeity and so do i cuz ity only happends when i think about it i go to dupont on the 21st for a checkup.

Hi im a 17 year old male..And There was a part today that scared me...i was Just laying down watching t.v when suddently my heart just races in a second after that my heart raced for a few minutes but while that happen i had a fast heart rate ,tightness in neck i felt like i had to throw up and i was shaking because my body felt cold This has never happened to me b4...but i have been having chest pains since october of 2007 i had it all checked out and everything came out normal..i had a cat scan of the chest and lungs and they found nothing everything came out normal does anyone have any idea what happend with my heart why would it just....jumpstart like that Once again I was Laying down Play a video game called call of duty 4....while i was Playing my heart Just Forcfully beat..and it scared me i was doing no movement

I m sixteen years old. and about a year ago, this thing happened to me that was so wierd. I was sitting down, with a couple of friends when my heart started racing as though i just ran a mile! like it was beating super fast. it lasted about maybe less than a minute. That was the first time i experienced it. After that Ill get it sometimes out of the blue, usually when I laugh, then my heart just starts going. I panic, and probably that just makes it beat faster but idk, i dont feel dizzy, or anything. theres no pain. i just put my hand to my heart and its beatingggg suppeerrrr fastt. im scared. its happened about 5 times already? in about a year or a lil more. But sometimes ill hold my breath and then my heart rate goes back to its normal way, doesnt always work tho. Any idea what it might be???

Recent questions on  Halitosis

Dear sir,

I am suffering from allergy for last 20 years.The symptoms are nose block and expectorant

phlem producing in nose and it comes to mouth and with a smell

so a bad breath is always producing. The colour of phlem is whitish

is allergy sinuistis or allergy rhinitics

please give your great advise to get the relief

i am 24 and suffering from strep throat. recurrence of sore throat almost every 2 to 3 mths but the more serious concern for me is halitosis which never goes even after brushing twice daily and it is ever since i have this throat infection. Please help immediately.

Hello doctor
My daughter is 4.5 years old and she had a severe infection( e.coli) in the month of jan 2011-she was given zenflox.Nw she is got a bad breath and stomach pain,unwillingness to eat food..and a slimy motion(jus started) ,immediately i have given her zenflox syrup(TWICE A DAY).
PLS ADVICE.HER WEIGHT IS 13 KGS.

For years Ive been bloated, gassy and cramped. I cant gain weight. I wake up with gas and bad taste in my mouth. I have no sinus infections but I always have bad breath ( I brush and floss daily). Ive done almost every test possible and there all clear. My doctor says its IBS and there's nothing he can do, to help (which I find hard to believe). Im a 43 yr old male 5' 11" and 140lbs.
I calculated my diet at approx. 2800-3000 calories a day. My job is not physically demanding and Ive stopped weight training.
Any help would be just great, thanks.

Hi, I've suffered congestion brain fog, extreme halitosis for 5 years and I have extermely thick mucus (liquid) with airbubbles in it. I side of my head is worse than the other. I have been to 2 ents. I have had ct scans of brain and sinus all...

my teeth are yellowish i want white shiney teeth and i am also having problem of bad smell coming from my mouth. pl suggest solutions for this and also suggest best toothpest for this problem.

I have stable COPD on Dulera . I am 58 years old. I have had a cold for the last 10 days which was productive at times; XXXXXXX sputum. Now it is a frequent dry cough . I note extreme halitosis today and a lingering foul taste in my mouth. My...