What is aortic aneurysm?

Interested to know what people know about this condition, it's symptoms and treatment
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
's  Response
It can be thoracic or abdominal. Rupture can be catastrophic, unless promptly repaired. Repair of an unruptured on can be either surgical or endovascular with stent graft. Symptoms depend on site of the aneurysm and the structures compressed by it. Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001119.htm Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000162.htm A good picture here: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/18072.htm