What does pain below the rib cage indicate?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 23 Apr 2018 in Lump
Question: just below my rib cage mild pain as two weeks passed by increased and for a day now sharp pain for a second
about every 5 minutes. also have one small and one larger bulged visible on my skin near by. my doctor orderd a blood test which was negative and a CT that i did not do.
any idea what my problem could be and what should i do next? XXXXXXX budahazy
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please give more details.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Can you please give some more details like: where is exactly the pain located( is it right or left abdomen), do you have any nausea, vomiting; is the pain associated with foods intake; do you have any diarrhea or constipation?

In general, such symptoms can be from stomach ulcer, gallstones, aortic aneurysm and many more. For sure you should have at least abdominal ultrasound (or CT). Without it, any other step is impossible. If stomach issue is suspected, gastroscopy should be also done.

Hope this helps.
Regards.