Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

What exercises to be done to grow height?

Doctor i am charan and i am 19 years old i am 5 3 and i do exercise daily.I do skipping thrice a day and i go to gym and do cycling and stretching exercises daily but still i am not growing.I dont know the perfect diet what should be i want to take a perfect diet .From my friends i got an information that boys can crow upto 21 years and i also read many articles in Internet and everything says a good diet with good exercise is more important to grow a good height even at the age of 19 years.So,doctor please suggest me some ideas by which i can grow height and also tell me what diet should be taken and also tell me wheather the exercises which i am doing are right?if not what exercises should be done?Thank you doctor.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  354
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
dear charan. Congrats, you are really doing good efforts to increase your height. keep it up. Also youadd stretch exercises like skipping, jumping, hanging on bars and toe touching. do not over do it. Exercise should not become painful and boring. Eat lots of calcium rich foods like milk, milk products, eggs and fish. Play natural games like basketball, swimming.
Answered: Mon, 24 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Bharath HS's  Response
Dear Charan,
Unlike weight, we have a very less control over our height. It is most of the times determined genetically. However to ensure to provide a good nourishment to the body to grow to its maximum extent, a good diet and an exercise of atleast half an hour per day for 5 days/week would be quite sufficient. Do not exercise heavily as well.
Answered: Tue, 7 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor