Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

What do they usually do for enlarged heart ?

does anyone have or know of a person that has left ventricular heart problems. What do they usually do for it. How serious is it.
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
My grandfather had cardiomyopathy and a leaky left valve;in his case,there was nothing that could be done,just take his medications for congestive heart failure.He was able to live with the problem for nearly 10 years and died at 87.Some people maybe able to have surgery to repair the valve;it's up to the doctor and patient to decide after tests and angiograms have been performed. As to the seriousness of this condition;it can be very serious.You really need to follow the cardiologist's directions as to medications and diet; not doing so can be fatal.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor