What do they usually do for enlarged heart ?

does anyone have or know of a person that has left ventricular heart problems. What do they usually do for it. How serious is it.
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
's  Response
My grandfather had cardiomyopathy and a leaky left valve;in his case,there was nothing that could be done,just take his medications for congestive heart failure.He was able to live with the problem for nearly 10 years and died at 87.Some people maybe able to have surgery to repair the valve;it's up to the doctor and patient to decide after tests and angiograms have been performed. As to the seriousness of this condition;it can be very serious.You really need to follow the cardiologist's directions as to medications and diet; not doing so can be fatal.