Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

What diet or exercises would prove beneficial for weight gain ?

Hi Doctor , Im 27 years old. My body type is atheletic. My height is 5ft 8 My weight is 55kg. I had thyroid problem . But now its cured. Earlier i used to have weight in around 60 kg. I did all my medical checks. Everything is fine. I feel skinny. I dont look matuared as well due to that. What should i do to increase my weight. I have tried almost everything. iike eating more, excercises etc. Regards, Rakesh
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query.
as you are athlete and your weight is 55kg,it is less,still you require about 10 kg more.
If you do stranious exercise then you require more calories.
To increase weight you require positive calories balance to increase wt.
So for the time being do less stanious exercise.
have more protein and moderate fat and carbohydrate diet.
More milk,pulses,cereals,eggs,
Take some multi vitamin supplements.
keep thyroid under control.
ok and bye.
Answered: Tue, 19 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor