What could shivering,painful eyes and burning nose suggest?

Hi, I am Vamsi from Bangalore, India. Yesterday night, my wife started complaining of body aches. Later, she shared shivering a lot. I checked the temperature and found it to be 99.6 F. I gave her a paracetmol 500 mg. After some time, when I checked the temperature, she has 100.6 F. Waited for some more time and temperature came down to 99 F. After 4 hours or so, since the fever is present, I gave her paracetmol 650 mg. She complained that her eyes are paining, her nose is burning and she times feel throad aches. Today morning (just now), I checked the temperature and found it to be 99.8 F. What can be the problem?
Thu, 19 Aug 2021

All the symptoms that your wife is showing like fever, painful eyes burning in nose and throat pain are suggestive of a viral infection.
You are on the right tract of management in such a way that continue giving paracetamol as per body weight at least 3 times a day.
Bed rest helps to have early and better recovery.
Povidone iodine gargles.
Warm liquids help soothing of throat.
If there are no results within 24 hours then it is better to consult a Doctor to having clinical examination and additional investigations as required.
This will help the Doctor to add-on any treatment as needed, say for example antibiotic , symptomatic and supportive treatment.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. T. Chandrakant, General Surgeon