What could be the reason for pain in left side of rib and vomiting ?

I woke up this morning and I was perfectly fine. I haven t done anything out of the ordinary, but my side is in extreme pain. When I breath in it hurts worse, when I touch it right at the end of my ribs, it s very sensitive. It s cause the side of my back to hurt as well. ;\ I m not sure if this has anything to do with this issue, but the past couple of days I ve been throwing up. I haven t been able to keep anything down, but once I vomit, I feel better. This has never happened to me before, so whether this could be related i m not sure. If you have any ideas or thoughts, please leave them, it s appreciated, thanks!
Thu, 19 Jan 2012