• question-icon

What causes severe headaches and pain in bottom of mouth?

Yes I have been getting severe headaches on the right side of my head and the top of my mouth and bottom of my mouth have been hurting. i went to the dentist but he didn t see anything wrong. He said it may be my sinus so i was taking advil sinus but the pain and headaches are still severe
Thu, 12 Dec 2019

Your symptoms might be due to classic Migraine (with pain radiating to jaw) or sinusitis or sinus headache. Migraine headache is usually accompanied by nausea, vomiting, stomach upset, dizziness, radiating pain etc. I advise you to:
1. To take analgesics like Naproxen / paracetamol and Triptans
2. Neck massage
3. Relaxation and stretching exercises
4. YOGA
5. Take caffeine drinks
6. Avoid exposure to light, noise etc
7.Steam inhalation if you have nose block
8. Also to have a consultation with an ENT specialist for further evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further. Get well soon.

Dr. Yogapriya V, General and family physician