• question-icon

What causes recurring bacterial prostatitis?

I ve had chronic bacterial prostatitis for 5 years. I ve taken levaquin, ciprofloaxin, flagyl, and doxycycline. It helped but once the meds were done symptoms came back. I ve been dealing with this for way to long and I m young. My doctor only prescribes me antibiotics 2 weeks at a time and I know they have to be taken for at least 4 weeks. Is the fact that I only take them for 2 weeks the problem?
Mon, 22 Sep 2014
Hello there, Thanks for your question. I see from your querry you suffer from chronic protatitis. It is a condition which requires four to six weeks of appropriate antibiotics. It is also recommended you partner s also put on treatment alongside you too for better else you will reinfect yourself once you are treated. Practice protected sex with your partner(s) all through the course of your treatment. Goodluck