What causes pain in shoulder blade?

Hi, I have had a very sharp stabbing pain in my right shoulder blade when driving into work today. It was so painful I couldn t breath. It has gradually subsided but I can still feel it but not as severely, when I breath in. I have had this pain along with a metal taste in my mouth for an hour now. Is it anything to worry about. I have read it could just be indigestion.
Tue, 26 Nov 2019

Your symptoms seem to be related to gastroesophageal reflux disease. The acidity from the stomach can cause difficulties in breathing and pain. I suggest using antacids such as Maalox three times a day. I also recommend using Omeprazole 20 mg daily in the morning before breakfast.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi