What causes pain during intercourse?

I am 32 years old. I have had 5 pregnacies and lost 2 of them. I have an ablasion done last sept 2010 due to bleeding issues. It didn't seem to have a real affect until about Feb 2011. Then since August 2011 I have been bleeding during and after intercourse. Recently it has been painful to have intercourse. I have seen a doctor and following up again this wed but I am nervouse. I have been married for 8 years and only have been with him and him the same. He has had a hystorectomy after our last child about 4 years ago. I am NOT pregnat, and do NOT have any STD's. I have been tested by my doctor. I just want to my doctor to remove my uterus or something because that is what is hurting me when we are having intercourse. Then just the last 2 days I have had tissue pass. There are blood clotes that are about quarter size as well. What is wrong with me?!?!?!?!?!?!
Fri, 30 Aug 2019

1) Pain during sexual intercourse may be due to incomplete rupture of hymen, vaginal infection, rough sex, more friction with less lubrication, dry vagina Or you weren't sufficiently aroused.

2) When you will arouse or excite, the vaginal canal lengthens & expands so that your partner can enter his penis and you will produce vaginal lubrication (to prevent uncomfortable friction from thrusting).

3) It is also possible that you were just nervous and fear of pain during sexual intercourse which may cause your vaginal muscles to tighten, makes penetration more difficult and painful.

4) Urinary tract infection and STD should be ruled out by routine urine examination and STD profile. Vaginal swab test should be done.

Steps to be done for easy and smooth sexual intercourse:

1) Next time, you must indulge in lots of foreplay to arouse yourself in top level to increase your vaginal lubrication before penetration.

2) You would be in more relaxed state and both of you will create a romantic environment so that you can focus and enjoy your sex.

3) It will also help if you add water-based lube (like KY gel or VAGISIL etc) to your vagina for easier penetration. Make it a part of preplay by having he lube you, then return the favor and ready to apply it on condom-covered erected penis right before he enters.

4) It's important that you must communicate to him what feels good and what doesn't. You can let him know what you need by saying like a little slower or harder or just like that and so on.

5) Also, you can try a woman-on-top position, which will put you in control of the depth and rhythm. Once you get used to the ins and outs of sex, it should be a lot more comfortable and fun.

Last thing, if pain during sexual intercourse (termed as Dyspareunia) continues, you need to undergo some investigation under the guidance of Gynecologist to rule out pelvic organic disease like endometriosis, vaginal septa, ovarian cyst, vaginal or pelvic infection etc.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Ivan R. Rommstein, General Surgeon