• question-icon

What causes knee pain?

I'm 16 and I get these throbing knee pain on my right knee and it hurts so bad. I'm not fat I'm average and when I move my bone on my knee its really loose and easy to move. I know I'm not suppose to move that but I'm just curious on what's wrong and why I get this pain
Tue, 24 Jun 2014
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Hi
Thanks for posting
It's bit unusual to have pain in knees at your age without any history of trauma?
Do you have swelling,fever and redness at joint?
You need physical examination,blood work(Complete blood count and ESR/CRP) and x-ray to find the cause.Meanwhile you may have rest,Ice fomentation and Ibuprofen to reduce pain.
Hope this helps.