What causes itchy,dry throat with dry cough after tonsils removal?

Hi I am 43yrs old and have recently had my tonsills out. Should have had them out a long time ago. One of the reasons i had them removed was for the past 2yrs i have had an ongoing itchy throat and dry cough that keeps me awake all night. I find my self trying to sleep almost upright as this is the only way i stop coughing long enough to fall asleep only to wake every hour. I have tried many medications including Nexium for reflux, which apparently i have! The fact that my nose and eyes are itchy seems to be over looked by every doctor i see. I have taken an aray of hayfever medications but i am at my wits end.
Fri, 12 Jul 2019