How to treat gastritis?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Sat, 10 Mar 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Was diagnosed with gastritis last night and mildly enlarged liver. Are the two related? how can I get better?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Medication with lifestyle modification.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query dear.
As per your query answer is-
No both are not related to each other.

For gastritis request your primary to start you on PPI-antacids like Rabeprazole or Esomeprazole.Esomeprazole can be used in the dosage as high as 40 mg once daily.Trials have shown that esomeprazole is superior to other PPI's in controlling gastritis.An antacid containing local anesthetic (Mucaine gel ) should be taken 2tsf thrice daily.
Avoid alcohol and smoking.
No beverages and fast food.
For mildly enlarged liver no medication is recommended just follow a liver friendly diet as sugested below.
-Whole grains are very beneficial to consume.
-Fruits and vegetables should be a significant part of any diet to help in recovering from a liver disease. They are full of essential nutrients and are easy to digest.
- Consume high fiber foods as a part of high fiber diet.
-Silibinin, also known as silybin, is the major active constituent of silymarin, a standardized extract of the milk thistle seeds, containing a mixture of flavonolignans consisting of silibinin, isosilibinin.It should be taken two times a day.Its a very potent liver tonic and is very effective in maintaining liver healthy.

Hope i was helpful.

Thanks!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T