What causes bumps on the vagina?

Hi I m 37 weeks pregnant and today when taking my shower I ve noticed bumps and swelling on the right side of my vagina. The bumps are on the inside of my vagina lip and I did some research on it and really need help. I plan on making a appointment tomorrow to see my midwife but if you could help that wouldn t be awesome.Thanks,
Thu, 23 Feb 2017
Hi ,
How are you doing ?
As long as the swelling are not causing any pain or signs of infection or bleeding, you better leave it alone. Once you complete the delivery , the swelling can be taken care of.
This swelling if in the interior of vagina , may just be congested veins in vagina, which appears towards the end of pregnancy. The head of baby presses on the veins & make it more prominent. Once baby is delivered , the pressure is released & swelling will disappear on it's own. You don't need anything more
Other possibility is retention cyst, in vagina due to collection of secretions. this can be cleared during delivery.
Last possibility is Bartholin's cyst or abscess. This is usually at the opening of vagina. This will need treatment only if painful or infected. If not it can be corrected during delivery
Hope I have clarified your query, do write back if any further queries
All the best
Dr.Balakrishnan