What causes a dark bruise on the leg along with chronic pain?

Hi, so my mom s been experiencing an aching from her right leg and it kinda has bruises (it doesn t really have the same color of the typical bruise you know, but to the spot where it aches and we can clearly see that her right leg s way bigger than the other, so it has a huge dark spot on that area I don t really know what is it called) so anyway, she s been experiencing it for almost a year now. Before, my went to the doctor she was recommended to go to the dermatologist. When she went there, they just gave her creams and some anti-inflammatory lotions which doesn t work on her. Then after that, she went to another doctor (it was her co-worker, my mom worked in a hospital as a Nursing Attendant btw) so she asked her co-worker if she could do a biopsy on her leg. But the doctor said she couldn t, not unless she undergo MRI testing first to know which part should she do the procedure. So a week after that, my mom went to the other hospital (this hospital is private and a well known hospital in our town) so after a week, she got the result. They told her that it was only a thickening of the leg muscles and that her veins on her leg (right) are kinda loose so she needs to support it, so they advised her to buy their product to support her veins. It s like a stocking but it s thicker than a normal stocking and which is really tight on her. The doctor said that she should wear it on the day time coz and remove it during the night time to let her leg breathe. But, nothing happened. The more she wear that stocking, the more that bruise on her leg turns dark. And btw, that pain she s feeling started as a small lump then over the period of time turns what it is now. So please do help me, because I really love my mom and seeing her like that pains me. Thank you!
Thu, 20 Jun 2019