Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

What can i do for uterine fibroid other than operation ?

I am 36 years old and of normal weight for my height. I take microgynon 30 for excessively heavy periods. This medicine has reduced my blood loss but not the duration of my period. Sometimes I experience breakthrough bleeding . I recently had a pelvic ultrasound scan to determine the cause of my heavy bleedingand the technician who carried out the test told me everything looked normal. Yet today I received a letter from my doctor asking me to make an appointment as the test showed a uterine fibroid and he would like to explain this to me. Why would the technician say my ultra sound was normal if I have a fibroid? Is it likely my medication will be changed? Im very scared. I don t want an operation.
Asked On : Wed, 14 Sep 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  237
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,Ria,thanks for query.At times technician do not have authority to explain the report to the patient.The doctor after reviewing the report can explain things in a better way.The reason for heavy bleeding could be this fibroid.Depending upon the size and location of fibroid treatment will be suggested.
wishing you good health.
Answered: Fri, 16 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum
see you have to believe your dr and not the technician. 2nd thing plz let the size and type of fibroid diagnosed, till then do not worry. single treatment in alopathy for benign tumor is to remove it by surgery. but you have options of homeopathy and ayurveda who have real cure of it. choice is yours. go as per your doctors advise.
I hope I answered your query. Wish you good health.
Answered: Wed, 14 Sep 2011
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
hi ria,
welcome to hcm
thanks for the query
take your doctor's advice instead technician
first of all your doctor will first find out the exact location ,number and size of the fibroid
the drug you are taking now will reduce the blood loss. your doctor may add ANOTHER DRUG LIKE GnRH agonists to it which will reduce the size.
many factors are taken into consideration while deciding whether to go to surgery or medical treatment.your doctor will advice you the best after having the usg report and detail of your complaints or clinical symptoms
take care
Answered: Fri, 16 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor