Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

What are the symptom of Fits?

Dear sir, yesterday my brother had some problem which looks likes fits...i want to explain and want some guidance over this. At around 3.30pmhe had food and went for a sleep as usual. In a few minutes time i found smile on his face and asked him why he s laughing. but suddenly he started breathing heavily and saliva came out of his mouth and mucous from nose. immediately he started to shake his hands and legs and mouth little turned right. he was in consious.may be after 10 mins he came back to normal stage. but he was not knowing wat has happened to him. Now our family is in fear, dat this problem will repeats, its really fits i mean Epilepsy. Request you to advise on the above prob s he s working guy and unmarried. pls suggest us the solution
Asked On : Fri, 28 Jan 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  209
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
what you reported is infact fits and the tendency to repeated seizures is called epilepsy.To answer whether any patient with fits will get them again and,depends on
1.Conditions /provocative factors(sleeplessness,alcohol)
2.Type of fits(one part of body or entire body)
3.Family history of fits
4.History of childhood fits
5.your EEG findings
6.Any findings suggestive of brain problem when examined by a neurologist
7.CT scan/MRI brain findings

If any of the 3,4,5,6,7 has positive answer,chance of repeated fits is more.
Epilepsy is treatable.and no hindrance for marriage.Some countries has legislation for driving licence for epileptics,but India doesnt.

Answered: Thu, 18 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob,symptoms of fits or epilepsy are jerking movement on hand,legs . blenching of teeth, frothing from mouth. ttightness of hands legs. only one part or all four limb may be involved. as per symptomes your bro has been sufffering from seizure disorder. you should consult with your doc ,rule out the cause n start proper treatment.
Answered: Thu, 18 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor