What are the findings of the MRI report?

hi i got the results of my mri and i need helo understanding it... this is exactly what it says...
For counting purposes,the last full disc space is designated L5-s1.

There is a straightening of normal lordosis

vertebral body height is preserved with mild disc height loss at L5-s' and disc desiccation at the l4-5 and l5-s' levels.Posterior annular fissures are seen at both levels.

Discogenic endplate signal changes are seen at the superior endplate of l4 and l5 otherwise bone marrow intensity is normal w/o evidence of marrow replacing lesion or fracture noted.

The conus appears to terminate at l1-2 level on sagittual images and is normal in signal intensity.Scattered posterior synovial cysts are present at L3-4 to L5-s1

l2-3 unremarkable
l3-4 unremarkable
l4-5 Mild circumferentially Bulging disc and Bilateral facet hypertrophy and arthropathy are seen without significiant spinal canal stenosis.there is mild neural foraminal narrowing.

L5-s1 a small 3mm left subarticular/foraminal disc protrusion is superimposed on a circumferentially bulging disc effaces the left subarticular recess possibly impinging upon the descending left s1 nerve roots.There is no significant neuroforaminal narrowing.

Impression:
1.small 3mm left subarticular/foraminal disc protrusion effaces the left subarticular recess and possibly impinges upon the descending left s1 nerve roots.

2 mild circumferentially bulging disc and disc desiccation with posterior annular fissure at l4-5 which can contribute to pain.

3 small posterior synovial cysts in the facet osteoarthropathy present at l3-4 through l5-s1 may also contribute to pain...

what does it mean and what can they do cure it and i am obese so will losing excessive weight help the pain
Mon, 16 Dec 2013