Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Were can I get something to check my blood pressure from ?

Were can i get something to check my blood pressure from?
like i keepin worryin about my blood pressure alot. one min i think its high and the next i think its low. but i went to the doctor last week and they checked it for me and said it was 110 is that good? i freak out every time i think its high because i have anxiety disorder.were can i buy one from like the store so i can check it myself and how much?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  252
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Chill out. Anxiety makes your BP worse. You can get a sphygmomanometer (the term for the blood pressure cuff and pump) from any medical supply store. You might have trouble taking your own blood pressure, however. You can always get it checked at a doctor's office for free, or you can do it at Walmart or many pharmacies with the machines. If you want a medical grade machine, then check the medical supply catalogs or stores, and ask the sales clerk for information. They are quite expensive, and I really don't think you need one. 110 is an excellent systolic number (top number) for blood pressure. If your doctor doesn't think you have high blood pressure, then relax and go easy. You aren't sick. Don't turn into some hypochondriac, or you WILL give yourself high blood pressure from all your invented stress.
Answered: Sun, 20 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor