Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Welts in the inner corner of the eyes, slightly itchy, how is swelling reduced ?

I suddenly got welts ( patches of swelling ) between the inner corner of my eyes and the bridge of my nose . They aren t terribly itchy, although, yesterday, my eyes were (but there were no welts). I don t know why or how I got them and why they are localized in that area. What can I do to make the swelling go down? I don t know if it was the cheese I ate from London or the essential oil spray in the bathroom, but other than those things, I can t think of anything I did differently. I wore the same make-up and have since removed it using gentle micellar/cleansing water. Thank you for your help!
Asked On : Mon, 19 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  634
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Dear larabed, Thanks for the question. Your case seems to be an acute case of cutaneous allergy along with ocular allergy. You will need to instill anti-allergic eye drops including may be steroid eye drops 3-4 times daily along with oral medication like cetrizine tablets for controlling the allergy. This should take around 2-3 days to clear, otherswise if symptoms worsen you will need to consult your GP.
Answered: Tue, 8 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor