Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Want your suggestion for Strange Large Bumps Behind Ears

My older brother developed these strange hard bumps behind his ears about 6 months ago that wont go away. We attempted to pop/drain them after soaking them in warm water and nothing seems to work. They feel like they have a little rock in it. At first I thought maybe they were just plugged pores but nithing we do seems to get rid of them. Any Suggestions on what they may be or how to get rid of them?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Feb 2011
Answers:  5 Views:  906
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
what is the color of the bumps and their size?
Answered: Wed, 16 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
may be your brother having some dermoid cyst
better not to take self treatment
consult with a surgeon
proper examination and some tests will clear the issue
be guided by your doctor
Answered: Wed, 16 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Dr. Gaurang Krishna, Dermatologist

The bumps vary in size. Some as small as the ball on a sewing pin while others are as large as an M&M. They are red and are only located behind his ears. Our family docotr said it almost looked like a rash or a mass of pimples but there was nothing in them.

Answered: Thu, 17 Feb 2011
  User's Response
Dr. Swapnendu sekhar ghosh, General Surgeon

He has gone to a docotor that reffered him to a dermatologist. They said he needed to see his famliy docotor that they couldnt do anything for him. We were just being led around in a circle. I checked out the Dermoid cyst and what he has looks nothing like it. His looks almost like a varyation in pimples and massivley clogged pours but the docotr tried to drain on and said she couldnt get anything out. As far as tests went she didn't offer so I will let him know and maybe get a different doctor to look at them. Third times a charm i hope.

Thank you for the help on this matter. If anyone has any other ideas they can toss out there, it would help a lot! Thanks!
Answered: Thu, 17 Feb 2011
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurang Krishna's  Response
Hi, i think your brother has ALHE- angiolymphoid hyperplasia with eosinophilia. You can check some images on google and see if they match with your brother's condition. You can revert back to me after doing this exercise.
Answered: Thu, 17 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor