Is conception possible after laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy?

Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo

Posted on Sat, 15 Apr 2017 in Women's Health
Question: whether laproscopic cystectomy will be linked to primary infertility as patient was not having any complains
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ovarian cyst

Detailed Answer:

As per your clinical history is concerned doctors have done a good job to remove cyst and it was a dermoid cyst. So nothing to be worried at all as it is not cancerous at all. As per your question you have asked that does laparascopic cystectomy would be linked to primary infertility and my answer will be no. As you know ovarian cyst may be a cause of your primary infertility so some cysts are removed by surgical methods. Besides infertility absolute indications for ovarian cystectomy include definitive diagnostic confirmation of an ovarian cyst and exclusion of ovarian cancer which is very important for future complications.

So as she had no complaint at all but cyst was removed so it is good for her and nothing to be worried at all.

Hope that helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad