Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Want to gain weight

My name is Arun.My height is 183cm and my weight is 60 kg.I really want to gain some weight since I look very lean.According to Body Mass index for my height, I should have a weight not less than 75kg.Can you please list out some consumable items with which I could be able to gain weight?Thanking you in anticipation.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  362
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
at this height weight shoud be between 65 to 75 your wt is boarder increase your wt do folloing things.
1,take diet rich in protein, add pulses daily in your meal.
2,take high fat milk,about 500 ml to 750 ml.
3,take protein powder daily
4 add khajur,gud in your diet
5,take chana,mag like pulses about 100 gm keep in the water overnight and take this in the morning as such without cooking,for making it tasty you can add solt in it.
6,take fresh fruits,juices,green vegetables and salads daily.
7,for suplimentation you take multivitamin, b complex tablets.
Answered: Fri, 25 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response

consume plenty of Good balanced healthy food s high in calorie & proteins & regular right kind of it is much better,harmless & cheaper than any medicine. So concentrate more on diet than on medicine. Underweight occur due to eating disorders/habits or chronic diseases.Disclaimer
Answered: Tue, 29 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor