Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

I want to gain weight

i want to gain my weight , am 28 year old married persion. my height is 5.7"and my weight is 60 kg.plz suggest me about diets to gain weight
Asked On : Thu, 1 Jul 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  291
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic

According to your height and weight your Body Mass Index is 20.8, which is below the normal (18.5-24.9). Your diet should be high in protein which helps to build muscles and put on weight in a healthy way. Include whole legumes, pulses, milk products, soy milk(high protein,low fat). Take small frequent meals rather than three large meals.Snack healthy between meals with nuts - a handful, fruit milkshakes, yogurt,flavoured soy milk, cheese sandwiches, paneer or tofu tikka / cutlets, nuts/dry fruit milkshakes.Avoid taking junk foods like oily fried foods, carbonated drinks, highly saturated sweets , too much of coffee which all will suppress your hungry.Drink plenty of liquids to stay hydrated.
Answered: Fri, 7 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor