Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Used home remedies for rash diagnosed as scabies. What will doctor do?

im not a doctor but my grandson was visiting and had a pretty bad rash , I thought was eczema , but he went to the doctor and they told him it was scabies . His mom had it now I have it. I tried to use at home remedies and natural products and nothing is working. I had it for about 3 month now. It has gotten better but it not gone. What will the doctor do if I go in and tell them my story. And I don t have insurance. Is the prescription expensive Im 45 no health issues that I m aware of, no medications , no surgeries .
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,   ,   ,  
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi there,
Scabis is an infestation caused by itch mite. It spreads from person to person by close contact. Home remedies will not kill the mites. You need to consult a dermatologist and the treatment is not just for you but for the entire family. Generally Permithrin 5% cream / Lindane or any other scabicide are prescribed for the whole family and to be used by all the members at one time. It is called Blanket Therapy. Oral tablets like Ivermectin is also useful. All your clothes and bedsheets should be washed in hot water after the treatment. The treatment is not expensive and u dont need an insurance for this.
Answered: Wed, 17 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor