Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Urge to pee, painful urination, burning sensation, pressure in vagina

Hey everyone, In the middle of the night i woke up because i had this extreme urge to pee. It kind of hurt. I went to the bathroom, and when i began to pee i had this horrible uncomfortable pain. It felt like there was a lot of pressure down there( vagina )..and there was a low burning sensation. It was sooo uncomfortable. ANd the thing is I barely even peed. So just this morning, I have probably gone to the bathroom to pee like 3 times. And that horrible feeling was there each time. And each time barely anything comes out. But before i go to the bathroom, i feel like i have a full bladder
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  298
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

From your presentation it seems as though you could be suffering from a urinary tract infection (UTI). Let me explain the symptoms out to you. They are:
-Increased frequency of urination
-Lower abdominal pain/discomfort
-Itching/discomfort near genitals
-Decreased amount of urine being passed although severe urge present
and a few other less common symptoms. Please note that not all of the symptoms need to be present to assume a clinical case of UTI.

Diagnosis will require analysis of the urine, to help support the clinical diagnosis. And a urine culture examination which will not only confirm the diagnosis, but also provide information on the best antibiotic that can be used to treat the infection.

In the meantime, please consume as much water as possible, cranberry juice also has an added effect in relieving symptoms.

Treatment includes antibiotic therapy, pain management medication (if pain is present) and a potassium chloride based solution that will help relieve your symptoms.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Answered: Mon, 18 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Urologist Dr. Vipul Agrawal's  Response
these problems can be due to -
1. UTI
2. Bladder stone
3. Ureteric stone

Get a -
1. urine R/M,
2. Urine C/S &

See a urologist or revert back with reports
Answered: Tue, 19 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Das Arindam's  Response
Sep 2012
Hello, Welcome to HCM, I am Dr. Das

Look, your description indicates possibility of urinary tract infection.

You have to do a routine urine examination and then consult with your general physician or family physician.

You have to take a ciprofloxacin group of drug along with a aceclofenac of dicyclomine group of drug. They will reduce the pain. Take plenty of water.

Consult with your family physician for further management.

Answered: Sun, 17 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor