Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Unprotected sex, unable to retract foreskin, swelling. History of chlamydia. Treatment?

My boyfriend and i have been dating for a year.we have been tested for and treated for chlamydia a few months ago and now everytime we have sex the foreskin around his head is swollen for days at a time he says it s hard to retract but doesnt complain of burning when urinates. I m worried because I do not have multiple partners and neither does he. It happened again last night but we didn t have sex for very long and today he was complaining of swelling . Is there something wrong with me???
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  57
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
Jul 2012
hey there m.takhee21. There is nothing 'wrong' with you. What you are experiencing (or rather what your boyfriend is experiencing) is a 'balanitis' or 'inflammation' of the prepuce. In all likelihood, it is probably related to a 'fungal' infection. Please consult your local dermatologist & remember to treat both of you at the same time with topical & oral/systemic antifungals & add a single dose gram negative antibiotic to take care of any superadded bacterial infections. In addition, prior to sexual intercourse, you may want to consider using a hypoallergenic lubricant. Immediately after coitus, for the next few days, get him to wash with plain water & then apply a little topical antifungal-steroid combination cream sparingly as a one-time use. Dont worry it is an easily sorted problem Good luck. You may get back in touch with me & tell me how this advice went. Regds. Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD Dermatologist & Venereologist, Bangalore, India
Answered: Fri, 27 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor