Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Undifferentiated connective tissue disease, back pain, swollen body, SLE and rheumatoid arthritis, diplopia, limb weakness

my mother age 42yrs is suffering from undifferentiated connective tissue disease , back pain , whole body swelling, SLE and rheumatoid arthritis . but the treatment is not going on in her favour. 3years back she had a very minor stroke attack with a b,p, of 190/120 followed by diplopia which persisted for 4days. after that till date diplopia was not repeated again but she has limb weakness and many-a- times is unable to walk. we have visited many neurophysicains, but we are now directionless. please guide me where to go and what doctor should my mom need for the exact treatment of her?
Asked On : Tue, 22 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Addiction Medicine Specialist 's  Response

It appears that all of your mother's problems are the result of connective tissue disease. Even the stroke is likely to have been caused by connective tissue disease. So, in my opinion, the best person to treat her would be an experienced rheumatologist. Rheumatalogists specialize in the management of connective tissue diseases including SLE and rheumatoid arthritis. If these are adequately treated, I feel that your mother will definitely perceive a significant change in her quality of life. This will also reduce her risk of suffering from complications like stroke in future.

I hope this helps her. Best wishes.
Answered: Tue, 29 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor