Underwent TURP operation. Given sleeping pills, flonol and zolfresh. What is causing sleeplessness?

My dad of age 74 underwent postrate (turp) operation. post operation he was given sleeping pills, which till date he has not been able to stop. He still takes zolfresh 5 mg. Even after the sleeping pill medication, there is a change in his sleeping habits, sometimes he gets good sleep and sometimes not. This has worried him a lot, he wants to quit the sleeping pill but at the same time worried that he wont be able to get sleep without the sleeping pill medication. .This has been continuing for the last two months. Today, I took him to a psychiatrist and he has prescribed him Flonol 10 mg. I took him to a psychiatrist thinking that he will analyse the thinking pattern and suggest him ways to come out of this worry for sleeplessness. Instead he has been given one more medication. Should I take him to some other psychiatrist or commence this new medication. I don't want him to be on medication and endure all the other side effects.please suggest.
vijay
Mon, 18 Nov 2013