Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Underweight, unable to gain weight by eating. Will nutrigain powder help? Any side effects?

hello dear doctor, iam 25years old female of 166cm height and of 46kgs of weight..iam really underweight ...i tried some formulas but nothing sister is i hope that its not heridity problem...though i eat,i couldnt gain iam planning to have nutrigain powder for weight gain ..i need ur kind suggestion whether the product is good or it may have some side effects? plz guide me,doctor..
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013
Answers:  4 Views:  3316
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome.

Thanks for your query.

Nutrigain is a good product and is generally considered to be a healthy alternative targeting weight gain.

Although it is sold in the form of capsules and powder, I would advise the powder, mixed with water or milk (according to your preference) and consumed once a day. The average 2 tsp per glass should do the job.

Be patient and also try to include lots of vegetables and a little meat (if you are a non-vegetarian) in your diet instead of purely fatty food to try to gain weight.

I hope I have succeeded in answering your questions, you could write back to us anytime for further clarifications.

Best wishes.
Answered: Thu, 24 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Akhilesh Dubey's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
You are definitely under weight, according to you height weight should be in between 55 to 65 kg before you take any thing first go for proper medical check up by a Physician,to rule out any disorder or hidden disease like TB.
There are some tests like CBC, Urine , Stool test R&M, FBS,Lipid Profile, T3, T4, TSH, X ray chest and Ultrasonography of abdomen.
We must rule out mal absorption states.
If every thing is fine then high protein and high calories diet may be planned nutrition supplements and proper exercise and weight training may be planned to gain weight if it is necessary even anabolic steroids can be used with consultation of Physician.
Please do not take supplements by your self .
Take good care of yourself.
Good Luck

Answered: Wed, 23 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Michelle Gibson James's  Response
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

You can try the nutrigram to assist you with the weight gain.
In addition you can try to increase the caloric value of the food that you use by adding dressings, mayonaise or small amounts of butter.
You can increase the frequency of your meals by adding snacks in between. High calorie snacks such as nuts would be good.

Hope this helps
Answered: Wed, 23 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Gopal Krishnam Raju's  Response
you must be minimum of 51kgs first know your tsh status its a thyroid test :)
Answered: Wed, 23 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor