Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Underweight according to height, good appetite, lack of body growth. How to increase weight?

Hello Sir, MY name is xxxx and i m 23 years old from XXXXX. My Height is 5.7 Ft. and weight 48kg. The problem I have is, according to my age, my weight is significantly reduced. I m too thin. I want to be fit according to my age. I m eating as much as the rest of the family members, even though my body is not growing. What should i do for it
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  94
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi xxxxx,

The weigh of 48 kg for a height of 5.7 ft is really less than it should be.
First thing I would suggest you to take a protein rich diet and have regular exercise. Another thing the caloric intake should also be increased.
Apart from this try to find out if some thing is wrong with the gastrointesinal tract. If you are suffesring from some sort of worm infestation or some type of malabsorption problem or anything abnormal related to this.
I would suggest you to start taking protein and calorie rich diet with regular excercise and consult some doctor to have a proper check up regarding any problem with the gastrointestinal problem.

Thanks and take care.
Answered: Wed, 17 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor