Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Unable to control bowel movement, constipation since childhood. Why is it happening?

Hi, I m 23 yrs old.I have this bowel problem right from my childhood where I can control/wait for passing stool but i have constipation problem .What I have observed is though I have constipation problem when i have urge to pass stool it changes to semi solid and releases gas and this causes to rush to restroom.Can you please tell me why this is happening with me?
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  115
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
If these are your symptoms since childhood and there are no recent changes in your bowels, then nothing big to worry, but because it is causing you discomfort , please consult your Gastroenterologist and get your scans and colonoscopy done to rule out if there is any problem and you can be treated for the same plus your constipation. Hope i could help you.
Thank you.
Answered: Thu, 18 Sep 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor