Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Ultrasound shows collapse of gallbladder stone, fatty liver. Curable?

My Dad is 61 year old . He has diabetes but not on insulin . Due to pain in abdomen and fullness , he took ultrasound. The ultrasound report states that the Gallstone bladder has been collapsed and Liver shows mild fatty change. Would you please suggest whether it is curable or how serious it is. And do we need to go for surgery.
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  506
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi Dear thanks for your question.
Your father 61 year old Diabetic is having Cholilithesis that is gall bladder stone and fatty liver.Relax there is nothing serious,both condition are treat able.For mild fatty liver changes,he has to do nothing except to decrease his fat intake and go for exercise
.For Cholithesis consult some surgeon and get his gallbladder removed,he will be symptoms free.
Hope i answered your question.
Answered: Thu, 4 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor