Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Type 2 Diabetic, sugar levels keep fluctuating. Ways to control ?

I am 43 years of age, Software engineer by profession and am ailing from Type 2 Diabetic problem since last 12 Years. My sugar level keeps fluctuating, I am not on exercise due to my hectic schedules and prone to alcohol too in the evening before dinner. As such I am finding it very very difficult to have control on my sugar level. Please advice any way to get my sugar level in control. Thanx in advance for your kind help.
Asked On : Fri, 25 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Diabetologist 's  Response

You are a Diabetic since 12 years and your blood sugar is not under control.
You have also pinpointed the cause for it.
Now you should makeup your mind and have a strong will power to rectify it.
You are only 43 and you have a long way to go.
Lifestyle modification is the only answer.
If you don't have the time to exercise than increase the physical activity.
Be an active man and do be sedentary.Alcohol consumption should be limit.
Regular monitoring and control of blood sugar should be done.
Adhere to treatment.

Answered: Sat, 4 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor