Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive, partner suffering with astenozoospermia, no improvement with medicines. Best treatment?

Hello doctors, I am from bangalore I am 29 years old and my husband is 32 years old we have been married for 7+ years now and trying for baby from past 3-4 yrs. My husband is diagnosed with astenozoospermia problem, His Analysis shows that sperm count=65 mill/ml, a+b=0.7%, c=1.5% and d=97 % and in his resent analysis shows that there are 1-3 motale sperms. Back in 2006 he had kidney stones while investigating further we came to know that he is having single kidney by birth and his seminal vesicle is blocked. We have met 2 doctors till now one suggeted to go for ICSI this doctor had put him under medication like Natoz,HIQ + and profert-M there were no much changes in the analysis and another has suggested for TESE with ICSI. Kindly suggest which procedure is best for us.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  213
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for the query,

Asthenospermia refers to motility defects in sperm.
This could be due to problem in sperm production., malnutrition, testicular injury, overheating,genetic, smoking.

In your husband's case best treatment option would be:
A transrectal ultrasound (TRUS) in order to confirm the presence or absence of ejaculatory duct obstruction,
Presence of a cyst or calcification at the ejaculatory duct,
The size of the seminal vesicles will be measured to determine whether there is any significant

Following which last resort would be ICSI, TESA, PESA.

Wish you good luck.

Dr Nilofer
Answered: Tue, 29 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor