Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive, heavy menstrual bleeing. Ultrasound shows fibroids, ovarian cysts. Treatment?

Hello- I have been suffering from heavy bleeding, severe cramping, irregular periods, and galactorhea(spell?) I had an ultrasound which reveals a heterogeneous foci in the midline uterus consistent with fibroids 2.2 X 1.7 X 1.9 cm, a Nabothian cyst in the cervical canal measuring 1.5 X 1.6 X 1.1 cm, and a left ovarian cyst with septations and echogenic nonvascular material 3.4 X 1.7 X 1.7cm. My husband and I want to conceive as we have established our careers and are ready for our first child. I am 40 years old. What is your recommended treatment for this?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  134
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Infertility Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for your query.

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

The chances of you conceiving naturally with all these problems are very less. You must vist an infertility specialist to get evaluated for galactorrhea and get treated. Though fibroid is small, ovarian cyst needs to be evaluated further and diagnosed as to type of cyst & necessity for removal.

You may try with donor egg option. Either ways you need to consult an infertility specialist.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.
Answered: Fri, 3 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor