Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive, both tubes open, no endometrosis or fibroids, regular cycles, clomid and hcg, seman analysis report

me and my husband are trying to concieve for past 2 years with no success. hsg report says that both my tubes are open and i am not suffering from endometrosis or fibroids . my cycles are regular 29-33 days. My doctor put me on clomid and hcg last month. my husbands seman analysis report is 78 million sperms, 40 % live and 12 % progressive. what should we do?
Asked On : Fri, 20 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  110
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hi Jollu.

Thanks for the query.

Since you appear not to have any problem with your reproductive system as of now, your husband's sperm appears a bit weak. Normally more than 30% live with motility and 25% should have progressive motility. He needs to eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables, stop smoking and drinking alcohol. Also taking tablet Paternia once a day will help.

There may be some hormonal disturbance which is the reason you will be on hCG treatment. This will bring back required reproductive hormones for pregnancy to occur. Clomid will increase chances of fertilization and pregnancy as well.

Kindly follow up with your Doctor and continue with the treatment.

Wishing you good luck and good health.


Answered: Fri, 20 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor